Three Years A Charm!!!

Can you believe it? Today, we celebrate our three years in the blogosphere. How time flies when you’re having fun! Someone once asked me if I was afraid of running out of ideas. My response:  not at all! As long as there is fashion—be it from on catwalks, red carpets, museum exhibitions or simply, gritty urbanwear from big city streets—there will be plenty of inspiration to fuel this blog.

I’m pretty happy with the way things went over the past 12 months. There were slightly fewer posts than the year before, but I spent more time and space on each project in an effort to explore the multitude of options.  Inasmuch as today’s fashion is the sum of its parts, we steered a good share of our focus towards accessories: belts, hats, gloves, hair pieces, shoes and T shirts for Ken, Uggs and Chanel transformations for Barbie.  We remain faithful to our ongoing conversation on trends, but paused to properly finish our dresses, jackets, coats and skirts. In fact we even launched a new page dedicated to sewing tips!

We toured the exhibitions and marveled at the works of master couturiers, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Yves Saint Laurent and Jeanne Lanvin. We played around with textiles: sun-printing with leaves, adding spark with foiling, even stringing together bits of metallic cardboard to form a Paco Rabanne style dress!

And so, you wonder, what could I possibly come up with for 2016. MORE OF THE SAME!!!

Me and the girls will be taking you to Barbie’s exhibition at the Musee des Arts Decoratifs in Paris later this spring. We’ll also be paying homage to the late French couturier, Andre Courreges, best known in the 1960’s for his “space age” fashion. We’ll do more cool things with fabrics and textile techniques. I also think it’s about time for our girls to spend a day at the spa so I’ll be sharing links to other blogs and videos for  tips on caring for our vinyl ladies and even styling their hair.

Of course we’ll occupy our usual front row seats at all the major catwalk shows in the US and Europe.  In fact, the Spring/Summer 2016 Paris Couture report follows this post immediately. The Academy Awards are not far off (my girls are working on their poses.) We’ve already collected the guy’s faves from Fall/Winter 2016 Menswear weeks. The only change: I’ll spread out those reports so they don’t take up a month at a time. The journalist in me has always felt the urgency to post my reports soon after the shows. However, I think the average reader, would rather see trends closer to the season for which they are designed. This will also give me time to stop and post tutorials on those special items that peak your interest.

Finally, there have been calls for me to put up a photo with my entire doll family. My New Years photo (above) comes closest, though about a third of the dolls are not present. It will take me a bit to construct this photo, but I promise to get that up at some point.

Again, I would like to thank all of you for tuning into my blog each week. You make all worthwhile. Thank you for your continued support and your most generous kind words.

Now let’s get this party started!!!!! Cupcakes anybody??!!!
 
 
Follow us on Twitter: @FashDollStylist
We're also on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/FashDollStylist
 

Nhận xét

Popular Posts