FOUR real!!!


Can you believe it!!??! Another year has passed and we're still here and still going strong! Straight away, I would like to thank all of you for your support, your kind words and for stopping by and visiting us. Without you, we wouldn't exist.

Four years ago I started out with an idea and a handful of Barbies (Model Muses & So-In-Style Barbies). Because I didn't want this blog to look as though I had ties to Mattel, I felt the need to bring other types of dolls into what has turned into a....collection! As a result, I now have four different families of fashion dolls numbering just over 100. About 83 of them are "working models" for this blog (though some more than others). In 2016, eleven new faces came into my flock of models, 9 females and 2 males; all Integrity Toys/Fashion Royalty except for one Barbie Top Model Nikki .
Over the past year, I've started cutting back on buying new dolls. I have a rich diversity of looks already, so unless I see one with a totally different look that excites me and corresponds to the look of modern models on today's catwalks, I feel it's not interesting to buy more. What I did last year, was to upgrade the bodies of certain dolls. I still want my Barbie Model Muses to have those bodies with "that perfect pose," but for my older Fashion Royalty dolls, I wanted better proportions and articulation for them. I did, by the way, upgrade 2 So-In-Style Barbies with "Poppy Parker" bodies.

I did a little bit of housekeeping here on FDS. I removed the "Tonner Doll Duels" interactive box because, as many of you know, the company no longer exists. On the blog list, I've removed sites that haven't been posting in over six months. (If your site was removed and you're reading this, not to worry. You're still on my "reading list" so as soon as I see a new post, I'll put it back up. If you have a doll blog not yet on my list, please let me know and I'll include it.) Now that I better understand how "tags" work, I plan to go back through all my posts since the beginning and make changes so that provide a more logical way to help you navigate this blog.

Yes, there were slightly fewer posts in 2016 than the year prior, however, many of the projects were quite involved and as a result, I made the tutorials longer with more detailed instructions along with a plethora of ideas.

Last year, I also included a number of "super simple" patterns--those with only one or two pieces--for those of you who are "sewing challenged" and want to whip up something with a minimum of effort. But I will continue to offer more sophisticated tutorials for those who want to explore more complex silhouettes.
But in looking over all my posts from last year, it was apparent that we focused on those elements that really make fashion: accessories, footwear and fabric.

We made heart shaped jewelry after the likes of something we saw at Tiffany's. We did timepieces both analog and Apple iWatch inspired. We explored the various ways one might customize boring Barbie accessories by covering them with leather, glitter or tiny fabric bows. And we made lots and lots of earrings! 
Then in the summer, we made straw hats to top off the dolls' beach fashion of braided T-shirts. And because there always seems to be a shortage of shoes in our doll harems....we felt it necessary to explore various types of footwear: espadrilles in the summer, stocking shoes for winter and couture footwear for all of those glorious occasions in between. 

Since most clothes are cut in simple lines, we know that fashion begins with fabric. So we had some fun with crystal polyester dresses, light as flaky pastry. We dipped both accessories and clothing in sparkling glitter, then distressed our cotton for a look that was all about Boho chic, last summer's hottest trend. 

And with everything we did last year, that nagging question prevails....what on earth will we do in the next 12 months to come!!??!

For starters we will continue to take you to the major catwalks of the world. as well as those very glamorous red carpet events in Hollywood.

You may have learned a lot here on my blog. But let me tell you, I myself, have learned a lot over the past four years, including better ways to do some things. So I will be revisiting a few of my early posts with updated or extended information. That includes my tutorial on working with leather or making men's trousers. I'll also be adding information on sleeves and collars as well as exploring more ideas on things you can do with trim. Working with fabric remains a concern with many of you. So we'll include a post on working with specialty materials like sequins and beaded fabrics. We'll also add a few more tutorials to enhance the wardrobe of our guy dolls. And if you, my dear readers, have ideas you'd like me to explore for you, don't hesitate to make suggestions.

By now you don't need me to tell you that fashion is a living, breathing entity constantly in the process of evolving. So as long as there are models prancing down catwalk, actresses posing for the camera at red carpet events....mannequins posed in window displays or on museum floors.....or simply people walking down the streets clad in something interesting....Fashion Doll Stylist will be there translating it all down to 1/6 scale for our dolls just for you. 


Coming up next: The girls present Paris Haute Couture: Spring 2017. (Hint: It was a very pretty season!!!)



All photos and text property of Fashion Doll Stylist. 2017. Please do not reproduce without prior permission. Thank you.

Follow us on Twitter: @FashDollStylist
Like us on Facebook: @FashDollStylist
We're also on Pinterest: @FashDollStylist
Come join us on Instagram and show off your stuff: @fashiondollstylist.blogspot.com

 

Nhận xét

Popular Posts